The Jennifer DeChiara Literary Agency is a New York City-based full-service literary agency founded in 2001 and named one of the top 25 literary agencies in the country by Writer’s Digest.
The agency represents childrens literature for all ages picture books and middle-grade and young adult novels but also represents high-quality adult fiction and non-fiction in a wide range of genres. The categories we are most enthusiastic about agenting are literary and commercial fiction; mysteries, thrillers, celebrity biographies; humor; psychology and self-help; parenting; health and fitness; womens issues; mens issues; pop culture; film and television; social issues and contemporary affairs.
JDLA is proud to be one of the few literary agencies to represent illustrators, as well as screenwriters for both television and film, including Emmy-winning writers and a Peabody Award-winning illustrator
What sets JDLA apart from other agencies is its holistic approach in managing every aspect of an authors career, with the following systems in place to help each client make the most of their projects potential.
- A Foreign Sales Director, with co-agents in every country in the world and an established presence at Book Expo and book fairs throughout the world.
- Co-agents at the top film agencies in Hollywood, with whom we regularly negotiate film and TV deals.
- Strong affiliations with top merchandising agents to handle merchandising opportunities as they arise.
- A Director of Speakers Services to book our authors for speaking engagements throughout the country.
- A Director of Presentation Services to help our authors with their media appearances and public speaking engagements.
- A Director of Publicity to help our authors market, promote, and publicize their books.
- A Workshop Coordinator to organize our various writers workshops, which are held evenings in our New York City offices. We are the only literary agency to sponsor Meet The Editor Evenings, a unique experience where unagented writers have the opportunity to meet and be critiqued by an editor of their choice.
JDLA is truly a full-service literary agency, and we regularly help our authors in everything from creating book ideas to editing their books to promoting their books. We are proud to represent established authors and help advance their careers, but we are committed to discovering talented writers and making their literary dreams a reality.